Kolkata: The Special Enforcement Directorate (ED) court had sent Burwan Trinamool Congress (TMC) MLA Jiban Krishna Saha to judicial custody till September 12.
Talking to the media after coming out from the court, Saha said that he will ‘cooperate’ with the probe.
“I didn’t throw my phone, it slipped. I come from a business family. I knew after CBI, ED will arrest me. Where will I run away? I am an MLA and I will stay here. I will completely cooperate with the probe,” said Saha.
Asked whether the purported video that surfaced where a job aspirant was seen asking Rs. 2 lakhs back out of Rs. 4 lakhs given by him for a job, to which Saha said that all the videos are ‘fake’.
Meanwhile, according to ED sources, a transaction of one crore was found in Saha’s bank account till 2023.
ED Attaches ₹2.86 Crore Properties In ₹7 Crore Canara Bank Fraud CaseED’s counsel Bhashkar Prasad Banerjee had sought Saha’s judicial custody, citing some developments in the probe, while Saha’s counsel Zakir Hussain did not apply for bail.
Incidentally, the TMC leader had been arrested in April 2023 by the CBI on similar charges before being released on bail. Now ED arrested him for a job against cash scam.
You may also like
So what I took the hat, life is first come...: Rich Polish CEO now threatens online trolls
'I'm a professional chef - this is the most common mistake that makes chicken dry'
Migrants fleeing back to Poland at stunning rate to escape Rachel Reeves tax raids
DWP £1,200 boosts for people on Universal Credit
Lewis Hamilton crashes out of Dutch GP moments after telling radio message